Solar Energy : Ségolène Royal presents 212 winners of the call for tender for large-capacity solar plants
1. – Ségolène Royal presented today the winners of the call for tender for large-capacity solar plants (more than 250 kWp)
• The call for tender covers the construction and operation of ground-based solar plants, as well as solar panels on parking shade structures and large roofs.
• It was aimed at encouraging the cost competitiveness of projects, as well as promoting innovation and supporting low-carbon and virtuous projects in terms of proper land use.
2. – As promised by the President of the Republic last August, the total power, initially set at 400 MW, was increased to 800 MW.
• 212 projects will benefit from guaranteed feed-in tariffs.
• The list of winners is available on the Ministry’s website.
3. – The cost of photovoltaic generation keeps decreasing, which accelerates its deployment in France and around the world.
• The feed-in tariffs proposed by the candidates in this competitive procedure continue their downward trend, to the benefit of final consumers.
• In comparison with the previous tender (launched 20 months earlier) :
For installations on large roofs, the average tariff goes from 158 EUR down to 129 EUR/MWh, a decline of 18% ;
For ground-based plants, the average tariff goes from 107 EUR down to 82 EUR/MWh, a decline of 23% ;
For installations on shade structures, the average tariff goes from 146 EUR down to 124 EUR/MWh, a decline of 15%.
4. – This tender will bring major economic benefits to France. It illustrates the benefits of a low-carbon economy implemented by the Energy Transition for Green Growth Act.
• Half of the photovoltaic modules will be manufactured in France.
• With these 212 winning projects, almost 1 billion EUR will be invested in the construction of new solar power plants, thus give a new impetus to the development of this French industrial sector.
• These plants will generate 1.1 TWh of renewable electricity per year, increasing solar production by more than 15%.
5. – New calls for tender for photovoltaics will be launched at the beginning of 2016 in accordance with the timetable announced by Ségolène Royal on November 13.
Download the press release (PDF - 97 Ko)
Press Contact : +33 (1) 40 81 78 31 / @ecologiEnergie